Tuesday, March 15, 2011

mid-week sustenance








After much galavanting about last week, I think this week should be all about looking after myself.  I caught up with my brother over a v. quick lunch today and, acknowledging that he too is absolutely flat strap and therefore run down at the moment, we both agreed that we were in desperate need of a healthy home cooked meal. 

First thing that came to my mind when thinking about the natural pick me up we were both searching for - Omega 3. The best [and tastiest] source - Salmon!!! 

And so, we headed to the local market this afternoon after work and picked up some fresh salmon fillets (skin on - nothing better than some crispy skin on your salmon fillet).  Simply pan fried on the BBQ in some butter and with a sprinkle of chilli flakes, squeeze of lemon juice and seasoned with salt and pepper - absolutely perfect (for the diehards - it may appear that I have overcooked the salmon, but unlike my beef, I really don't like it to be too raw in the centre. Slightly rare will do me just fine).  Served with some trustworthy steamed broccolini and a generous serve of mother's roast potatoes with onion and capsicum and we both feel better already.

Nick didn't quite make it home and is now fast asleep on my floor in front of the tv... I must admit that I'm not too far away from hitting the wall myself.

I can't wait to get up in the morning and tackle another big day.  Nothing like some good home cooked food to get you back on the straight and narrow!

Happy eating!!!!

Sam

1 comment:

  1. that would be one of my all-time fav meals, glad you both enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete