Tuesday, May 24, 2011

care package


Today my kind and wonderful mother sent me a care package containing the latest edition of Cuisine Magazine.

The highlight for me was the spread on Auckland's Cafe Hanoi (especially the Beef Noodle Salad and the Caramel Pork Hotpot) as well as the feature on rustic Italian cuisine (who would have guessed!).   I am definitely going to have to get motivated and try some of these recipes out over the weekend.




Mum and Dad are lucky enough to be heading to Auckland in the next month or so and Cafe Hanoi will be the first choice food destination.










When you are on the opposite side of the country, isolated from your family by one of the biggest deserts on the planet, it is such a nice feeling to receive something to let you know that they are thinking of you too.

Thanks heaps Ma!!!!

Happy eating!

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Moms (or as you would say Mum) send the best care packages, don't they? That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, it is a very uplifting thing receiving something thoughtful in the post when you are so far from home!! I am v. Lucky to have such a wonderful Mum!!!

    ReplyDelete