Sunday, May 1, 2011

turn out the lights, the party's over


12 days. A group of 10 close mates. An 80 foot floating palace.  Amazing Crew. The best quality waves on the planet. 

How could we not have a great time!!!

It is extremely difficult to capture the beauty of this island chain in the Indian Ocean through a lens, but here goes...













 








Having now been home for a couple of days, I can truly appreciated how fabulous our Mentawai surfing  adventure really was.  We caught some of the best waves we have ever seen, recharged our batteries, spent some quality time solving the world's problems late at night over a couple of Bin Tang beers, banged ourselves up on the reef and generally absorbed the sensation of this tropical paradise.  

We caught a couple of Fish which were served as the best sashimi I have ever eaten within 2 hours of being caught.


Now, the time has come for me to return to reality.  Our amazing trip to the Mentawai Islands has come to a close, and I am now grappling with the realisation that I have to face up to a bulging email inbox and a whole raft of new challenges, not the least of which is relocating to the other side of the country....

I hope everyone had a cracking easter and overindulged in chocolate and other pleasantries.

Happy eating!!!

Sam

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sam, looks like an amazing time was had by all...Takes me back to our trip through S.E.A...pure paradise! Can only imagine how great the super fresh sashimi was too.., yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that water is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam!!! photos looks amazing,can you recomend the company you use for the trip? gracias,Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam! Where are you moving to? Looks like you had a fab time in Indonesia, the food alone makes for a great holiday, and then of course there's the gorgeous scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cynthia,

    The name of the boat is MV Addiction. Just google it and you will find their website. I would have no hesitation in recommending the trip to anyone! This was our second time onboard and I don't think it could have been any better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kate!!

    I have relocated to Port Hedland in north-west WA. A little removed from civilisation but it is only for a brief stint and then I will be back to Brisbane. Anna tells me that you guys are making the trip north in July. We will have to give you some suggestions on where to eat etc. - you will have an absolute ball!!

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete